Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Facebook, Orkut, MySpace: to help service providers find and bid for consumers

Wrote to Facebook, Orkut, MySpace: to help service providers find and bid for consumers:
Facebook, Orkut, MySpace to help service providers find, and bid for services to consumers :

a) If I indicate on my social networking site that I wish to travel from SFO->NYC for duration of month in economy class, then sites like Orbitz, Priceline, Cheaptickets etc should use this info and come up with the cheapest/short-duration quote for me, instead of me going to their websites individually.
b) Similarly, lets say I want to attend online traffic school in a particular county (and I enter my details on my social networking site profile page), and since the cost of this varies from $9 to $29, online traffic schools should come to my facebook account and bid for me, with the cheapest rates.
c) Insurance : For example, I have my profile on your social networking site, and I would like to buy auto insurance. Using my profile data and my actual details like car, driving history, car model, etc (that I can make available on your social networking site under profile), insurance companies should come up with the best quote and let me know. Instead of me going to tens of insurance companies websites and getting quotes, they should be able to come up with direct quote for me.Thanks, Avinash

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.contacthttp://groups.google.com/group/orkut-help-suggestions/posthttp://www.facebook.com/help.php?tab=suggest

Post a Comment