- Please provide ability to have direct deposit (into online bank account) of California EDD biweekly claim checks.Currently I can receive biweekly claim checks only by paper checks, which is inconvenient
- Please provide ability to have alerts or email notifications sent to me, when I need to submit online claim form at EDD web-cert (ie claim is ready-to-file), or when a check has been sent out etc. Currently, there are no alerts, and one has to keep logging into the site numeous times to check on status.
- Please provide link between original EDD application for benefits(apply4UI) and the EDD web-cert for biweekly submissions of claim forms. Currently, I had to create new login and password for EDD web-cert for biweekly submissions of claim forms after filing at apply4UI. Also after doing apply4UI, there is no online way of checking for application status, and one has to spend hours and hours on phone with EDD, which is inconvenient.
- Please provide link between original EDD application for benefits (eApply4UI) and the EDD web-cert, currently, the two are completely independent, and when one submits for benefits (eApply4UI), then there is not much info at EDD web-cert website on the details and profile created for checking of follow-on status. Also, one needs to create two different accounts : one for original EDD application for benefits (eApply4UI) and another for the EDD web-cert, with different passwords, ie after filling out eApply4UI, one needs to create new login and password for EDD web-cert, which is inconvenient. The more information that is available online, the less time the claimant needs to try to call up EDD on phone, for hours.
- Currently, there is no visibility into the process for a new person and person can have questions like : "how come the first check received has only one week of benefits instead of two weeks ?" The letter should provide the explanation that this was a "waiting week" etc, instead of user trying to call up EDD on phone, for hours. Also, there should be a way for claimant to flag to EDD, online, via web-cert that the person has found a job and will not be requesting more claim checks, etc